Call Of Duty Headquarters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Call Of Duty Headquarters

Call Of Duty Gaming Discussion Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is biology just a branch of chemistry?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is biology just a branch of chemistry? Empty Is biology just a branch of chemistry? Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:44 pm

everlastes

Private

I am a second year molecular biology student in U.S. I like biology and applying physical and chemical laws and principles in living things and marvel at them.
But recently, I started to hate biology classes I am taking. It is just ridiculous, the way they teach biology. Most of it is a memorization. Name of that, name of this...

I don't like a blind memorization. I prefer to answer logical questions or calculation. So enjoy more of my chemistry classes. Their test are mostly filling blank and one sentence explanation.

Currently, I start to think that probably, I should switch my major into chemistry. My future plan is to go to graduate school and get my PhD. I like studying living systems, so I want to become a biologist and discover something related to living being.

Would it be logical to do my undergrad work in chemistry and enter grad school in biology? Is it plausible? Or is there any benefit in staying with my bio major and be a part of this dumbing down process?

Seriously, the concepts are interesting, but the way they lecture and tests are just so stupid and I don't want to waste my time on memorizing the steps and names of the reactions when there are much more things to think about.

-- Tradecanadagoose.com

Is biology just a branch of chemistry? 7153

2Is biology just a branch of chemistry? Empty Re: Is biology just a branch of chemistry? Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:43 pm

jack_t_lad

jack_t_lad
Private II

I concur

HaydnExport

Administrator
Administrator

Eh WTF?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum