Call Of Duty Headquarters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Call Of Duty Headquarters

Call Of Duty Gaming Discussion Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

MW3 Controversy In U.K

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MW3 Controversy In U.K Empty MW3 Controversy In U.K Fri May 27, 2011 7:23 am

Spader

Administrator
Administrator

Yes, the title is correct, modern warfare 3 has already caused major controversy in the United Kingdom. Two major newspaper companies have been already reporting about how the first reveal trailer of modern warfare 3 has caused controversy and has sparked major complaints around the U.K the first report came from The Daily Mail, where they stated that the game has parts of it in where you play in the capital and the heart of England, London.

The reason why they are angry is that one level that is set in London happens in the London tube station and this is where a terrorist attack happened a few years ago. Not only that, the game is so realistic it shows a double decker bus , which doesn't mean that much on its own, but the over-the-top newspaper stated that they were angry that double decker buses can be seen during a massive war going on.
The reason The Daily Mail said that it is going to cause controversy is that this game is “ultra-violent computer game which features explosions and scenes of destruction on the London Tube” Not only have The Daily Mail been sending out furious messages saying the game is ultra-violent but “Supporters of those affected by the 7/7 suicide attacks in July 2005, which killed 52 people, called for Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 to be banned” I personally cannot see this game being banned in the U.K Modern warfare 3 here in the U.K may get world record for the wrong reason , and that reason would be , being the first Call Of Duty game to be banned over here in the U.K. I have pre-ordered it already and when you go to the game stores here in the U.K, the staff say “have you heard of the controversy? If it’s going to affect you in anyway do not buy this game.” Now, this is a very weird thing for the staff at game stores to say , they are usually persuading you to buy the game , not in this instance ! I have seen many people go in to the store wanting to pre-order it and later on decide not to because the staff have “put them off” from pre-ordering it. Finally, on the high controversy note, Metro also “jumped on the band wagon” and decided to also take a stab at Modern Warfare 3, they also said “the game should be banned” and also one person commented on the article saying “whoever plays this game should be shot.”

However on the good news, I talked to the official main social media guy for Activision on twitter (Mr Dan Amrich) (you can find him on twitter: @OneofSwords). I kindly asked him if he wanted to comment on the latest bad publicity modern warfare 3 he did reply saying the following : “@BBritcliffe Sounds like one newspaper didn’t like what they see, not “the UK.” What’s to discuss? Can’t please everybody, can you?” This was a very thought about reply from him. If i was a company and saw people saying the game should be banned, i would be pretty mad and would get it fixed asap.

The game is set to be released on the 8th November 2011 in all countries at the moment. What do you think about the controversy that is around about Modern Warfare 3? Is it stopping you from pre- ordering? In my opinion, it's just a game! Please comment below! I feel now that MW3 Hacks are in production as well as this controversy, Infinity ward is a sinking ship already. What do you think? I hope it's a brilliant game personally, the news is from people who wear suits and are business people who would think anything is controversial! Please comment below!

This post was a written by our head writer BBritcliffe.

https://cod-headquarters.forumotion.co.uk

2MW3 Controversy In U.K Empty Re: MW3 Controversy In U.K Fri May 27, 2011 7:38 am

TbogOwnsFgsy

TbogOwnsFgsy
Private V

Meh. Just another way of generating publicity and interest which will ultimately bag them more sales.

I used both the bus and tube on the morning of those bombings and probably only missed getting blasted into a million pieces by about 10 minutes.

It's a game. When I saw the trailer I thought, wicked, a COD level will be set in my area. I didn't think about terrorism and shit like that.

People are fucking morons. If we wanted to we could relate tons of bad stuff that's happened in real life to games, music, film etc. Or we could just stop being a nation of miserable whinging cunts and get on with it.

I hope that helps.

http://www.matesdesign.com

3MW3 Controversy In U.K Empty Re: MW3 Controversy In U.K Fri May 27, 2011 7:52 am

HaydnExport

Administrator
Administrator

newspapers and tv in general are fucked up , always showing death and disasters ? why cos thats all the miserable bastards like to read about, it's why i dont buy a paper anymore and why i dont watch tv !

4MW3 Controversy In U.K Empty Re: MW3 Controversy In U.K Fri May 27, 2011 7:58 am

Spader

Administrator
Administrator

TBOG_OWNS_FGSY wrote:Meh. Just another way of generating publicity and interest which will ultimately bag them more sales.

I used both the bus and tube on the morning of those bombings and probably only missed getting blasted into a million pieces by about 10 minutes.

It's a game. When I saw the trailer I thought, wicked, a COD level will be set in my area. I didn't think about terrorism and shit like that.

People are fucking morons. If we wanted to we could relate tons of bad stuff that's happened in real life to games, music, film etc. Or we could just stop being a nation of miserable whinging cunts and get on with it.

I hope that helps.

agreed, you dont see the yanks moaning that every plane that is featured in america is going to fly into a building , they put a fooking bus in the background some brits get there backs up wtf

https://cod-headquarters.forumotion.co.uk

5MW3 Controversy In U.K Empty Re: MW3 Controversy In U.K Fri May 27, 2011 10:02 am

Duhstee

Duhstee
Private

Just like they tried to ban MoH for having the ability to play as the Taliban and kill Americans. Not sure why they are even considering it since the CoD series makes so much money. You think they wouldn't have an issue with it.

6MW3 Controversy In U.K Empty Re: MW3 Controversy In U.K Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:57 am

d17-08

d17-08
Private II

HaydnExport wrote:newspapers and tv in general are fucked up , always showing death and disasters ? why cos thats all the miserable bastards like to read about, it's why i dont buy a paper anymore and why i dont watch tv !

SNAP! Couldn't agree more. I don't bother with newspapers or TV. Not one good thing is said. Its a game at the end of the day. Its for entertainment use, as usual the media exaggerates.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum